YOU ARE NOT BEHIND
There are seasons in my life when it feels like everyone around me is moving ahead, and I am standing still.
One friend was launching a new business. Another was getting married. Someone else was posting travel pictures from their dream job overseas, another friend was having a progressive career as a lecturer.
Meanwhile, I was… waiting. Praying. Trying to stay faithful with what felt like very little in my hands. And to be honest, it was hard not to wonder if God had forgotten my address.
One Saturday morning, I observed two runners: One ran fast and disappeared around the bend within minutes. The other kept a slow, steady pace, taking in the view and breathing easily.
It struck me, both were moving forward, but on completely different paces and rhythms. Neither was wrong. They were simply running their own race.
Right there, I felt God whisper to my heart: “Your path is yours. Your pace is yours. And I’m right here in every step.”
When we compare ourselves to others, we forget something essential, God’s plans are tailor-made. The pace He has for you was never meant to be identical to someone else’s.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 reminds us: He has made everything beautiful in its time.
Not their time. Not the world’s time. Your time.
The thing about divine timing is that it often doesn’t match human expectation. You might be in a season of preparation while others are in a season of celebration, and that’s okay. Preparation seasons are not wasted seasons.
Looking back, I can see how the things I prayed for during that season would have been too heavy for me to carry at the time. God wasn’t punishing me, He was protecting me (story for another day).
The Israelites thought God was “slow” in bringing them into the Promised Land, but His detour through the wilderness was shielding them from battles they weren’t ready to fight (Exodus 13:17-18).
Breathe, Gods got you.

Comments
Post a Comment