WHAT'S TRENDING?
We are witnessing a season where old posts are resurfacing, and careers are shaking. Appointments are being reconsidered. Partnerships are being withdrawn. Public trust is being questioned.
The words you released into cyberspace were seeds. And seeds, whether good or bad, eventually grow. Some grow into influence. Others grow into consequences.
A common defense is: “That post does not reflect who I truly am.”
Fair enough. People grow. People evolve. We all have chapters we would rather not re-read.
But if someone consistently posts degrading humor, insensitive commentary, reckless opinions, or harmful narratives over time, can it truly be dismissed as acting? At what point does repeated behavior become identity?
Character is not what you claim in interviews. Character is the pattern of what you repeatedly practice.
You cannot consistently publish darkness and expect people to believe you are light behind the scenes.
The applause of strangers today can become the jury of critics tomorrow. The same crowd that hailed Jesus as Messiah turned around to shout, "Crucify him".
And the reality is that the version of you that wanted attention at 22 may not be the version of you negotiating contracts at 35. The “cruise” you caught in your early years may come knocking when you are building a legacy, raising children, leading people, or representing institutions.
Digital footprints age with you.
-
Would I be comfortable explaining this ten years from now?
-
Would I defend this in a boardroom?
-
Would I stand by this if it were read aloud at my wedding, ordination, inauguration, or retirement ceremony?
-
Is this who I am becoming, or just who I am performing to impress?
Selah.
Comments
Post a Comment