WHAT IS IN YOUR HANDS?

This question, “What’s in your hands?” echoes from a bible story in Exodus 4:2. 

When Moses stood before a burning bush, overwhelmed by a calling that felt too big for him, God asked him one simple question: “What is that in your hand?” It was just a staff-something ordinary, familiar. Yet, that staff became the tool through which miracles were performed.

Sometimes, we delay action because we’re waiting for more: more money, more time, more support, more clarity. We say things like, “If only I had…” or “One day, when I finally get…” But what if the breakthrough you’re waiting for isn’t out there; it’s already in your hands?

Many of us overlook the gifts, experiences, relationships, and insights we already have, because they don’t look spectacular. But often, what we call “ordinary” is the very thing that can unlock the extraordinary.

Recognizing what’s in your hands begins with awareness. Do you have:

A skill you’ve dismissed because it's “not big enough”?

A story you've lived that others could learn from?

A circle of people who believe in you?

A phone, internet access, or a platform to share your voice?

You don’t need everything to start. You need something, and you likely already have it.

Your Past is a Resource Too
Even your pain can be a resource. Maybe you've walked through grief, rejection, or waiting seasons. These experiences can shape your compassion, give you insight, and connect you to others in meaningful ways.

You don't need to have everything figured out. You just need to be willing to see differently.

Don’t bury what you have because it doesn’t look like someone else’s. God doesn’t need you to be them. He wants to use you; your hands, your voice, your story.

Ask Yourself Today
What do I already have that I’ve overlooked?

What small step can I take with what’s in my hand?

Who could benefit from the knowledge, skill, or encouragement I already carry?

You Have More Than You Think

Sometimes, all you need is to pause, reflect, and look again. You may not have everything you want, but you already have something worth using.

Welcome to August.

Keep Birthing Possibilities!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE SOURCE OF JOY

WHAT'S TRENDING?

WAITING WARS