THE LANGUAGE OF EXCUSE

We’ve blamed time, resources, people, circumstances, anything but ourselves. Excuses are subtle. They whisper comfort into our ears and tell us we’re justified in staying stuck.

But excuses are dangerous. Not because they sound like lies, but because they feel like truth. 😐

The Language of Excuses
Excuses often sound like:
“I’m too busy.”
“I don’t have enough experience.”
“I’m not ready yet.”
“Others are doing it better than me.”

They’re not just words; we wear them like armor to shield us from the discomfort of responsibility and the weight of potential. But the truth is, excuses don’t protect us; they imprison us.

Excuses Trade Progress for Comfort
Every time we allow an excuse to take root, we trade growth for comfort, vision for fear, and opportunity for stagnation. We become spectators in our own lives, watching days roll by while telling ourselves, “One day I’ll start.”
But one day is not a day on the calendar.

What’s Really Behind the Excuse?
At the root of most excuses is fear, fear of failure, judgment, or even success. We cloak fear in logic and call it “being practical,” but deep down, it’s often a lack of courage and conviction.

Ask yourself: What am I really afraid of? What would I do if I wasn't afraid or uncertain?

Even biblical heroes tried to make excuses. When God called Moses, he said, “I am slow of speech and tongue” (Exodus 4:10). Jeremiah said, “I am too young” (Jeremiah 1:6). Yet, God didn’t see their limitations. He saw their purpose. He didn't ask for perfection, just obedience.

If you're a person of faith, you must know: what God calls you to, He equips you for.

How to Kill an Excuse
1. Name It – Identify the specific excuse you’re using.
2. Challenge It – Ask if it’s really true, or just a defense mechanism.
3. Replace It – Replace that excuse with a small action. Action defeats fear every time.
4. Surround Yourself with Movers – Be around people who challenge your limits, not accommodate them.

No more “someday.” No more waiting for perfect conditions. Start small, but start now. Excuses will keep knocking, but you don’t have to open the door.

The world doesn’t need another excuse. It needs your courage, your voice, and your action.

Quote
“He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.” – Benjamin Franklin


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE SOURCE OF JOY

WHAT'S TRENDING?

WAITING WARS