WAITING FOR GOD'S HELP?

A long time ago, a horrendous flood was wiping out an entire village and its inhabitants. While all the villagers frantically evacuated the village, a very religious man patiently sat in his house waiting for God to save him.

A person on a boat comes by the house and yells, "Come on, jump on the boat, let me save your life." With water up to his neck the man says, "No, I am waiting for God's help."

The boat leaves. the water now covers almost the entire house, so the man climbs to the top of the roof. Suddenly a helicopter comes by and yells "Come on, hold on to the ladder, let me save your life." But the man once again refuses, "No I am waiting for God's help."

Unfortunately, the man drowns and dies. Once in heaven, the religious man furiously comes to God and in a demanding voice says, "How could you let me die like that? I had faith in you. I knew that you would come for me, but you let me die. How could you do that to me?

In a gentle voice God says, "My son, I have never forsaken you. I saw you drowning and I sent a boat, but you refused to get on it. Then when you cried for help again, I sent a helicopter, but again you refused."
Author Unknown.

Waiting on God does not mean laziness. Most times we are waiting for God to do what He is waiting for us to do. God will not do for us what He has given us the ability to do for ourselves. We expose ourselves to danger and disappointment when we practice religion and deny the power behind it.
God plays his part by giving us instructions, and creating opportunites; our part is to obey and take action.
God tells Joshua He has given them the land, but then He asks the children of Israel to contend, make war, and take possession of the land. God had done his part by putting the fear of the Israelites in the hearts of the people, and already He knew that victory was imminent and the land was theirs. So if they only sat back doing nothing, it would only end in prophecy without fruition.
Trust God, obey His voice, and take action.

QUOTES:
"Most of us use ‘I’m waiting for God to reveal His calling on my life’ as a means of avoiding action.  Did you hear God calling you to sit in front of the television yesterday?  Or to go on your last vacation?  Or exercise this morning?  Probably not, but you still did it.  The point isn’t that vacations or exercise are wrong, but that we are quick to rationalize our entertainment and priorities yet are slow to commit to serving  God." ~ Francis Chan

"We must give up the silly idea of folding our hands and waiting on God to do everything for us. If God had intended for that, then he would not have given us a mind. Whatever you want in life, you must make up your mind to do it for yourself." ~ Marcus Garvey

"You are just one idea away from what you sow in your brains, in your prophecies that God spoke over your life. You're one idea away. You are not waiting on God - God is waiting on you! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to go on and on about that. I have this stuff in me and I have no place to release it to you because sometimes church people are so spiritual they make me nauseous, because they expect God to do everything." ~ T. D. Jakes




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE SOURCE OF JOY

WHAT'S TRENDING?

WAITING WARS