LIFE IS TOO HARD

Our complaint that "life is too hard" can change if we consider the idea that it can get even harder.

A lady once complained about her husband to a stranger, "I can't stand him anymore. He snores all night,' The stranger sighed while tenderly smiling and said, 'What I would give to hear my husband snore once again. He was killed in a car accident last year.'

Seeing no way out of so many problems, a young man dropped to his knees in prayer. "Lord, I can't go on, he said. "My cross is too heavy to bear".

The Lord replied, "My son, if you can'y bear this weight, just place your cross inside this room, then open that other door and pick out any cross you wish."

"With much relief, he sighed, "thank you Lord." As he did what he was told. Upon entering the other room, he saw many crosses, some so large the tops were not visible. Then, he spotted a tiny cross leaning against a far wall. "I'd like that one, Lord," he whispered.

With a gentle smile, the Lord replied, "My son, that is the cross you just brought in.
Author Unknown.

QUOTES:

"If you look at your problems from the right perspective, you'll realize they're not as big as you thought."-Andres Lara.

"When I hear somebody sigh, 'Life is hard,' I am always tempted to ask, 'Compared to what?"-Sydney J Harris.

"In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."-Desiderius Erasmus, Adages.

Sure, it could always be better. However, keep in mind that it can also be worse. If we look at our lives from the right perspective, we'll see that, in comparison to others, we don't have it that bad.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE SOURCE OF JOY

WHAT'S TRENDING?

WAITING WARS